There are three monthly book groups at the library.
The Kelley Library Book Group
is a long running club that meets each month on
the last Wednesday of the month at 7 PM. This group focuses primarily on fiction.
The discussion is facilitated by Joan Fardella.The group welcomes new members
to drop in for a particular discussion or to join the group each month.
Upcoming titles are:
- August 28th - History of Love by Nicole Kraus
- September 25th - Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
- October 30th - Edgar Allan Poe Anthology by Edgar Allan Poe
The Kelley Library Book Group does not meet in July and August.
The Non-Fiction Book Group
meets monthly on the second
Wednesday at 7 PM. The purpose of this club is to explore a
wide range of non-fiction titles. This group also welcomes new members either
on a title by title basis or as permanent members.Upcoming titles are:
The Science Fiction Book Group
- September 11th - The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe
- October 9th - A Primate's Memoir: A Neuroscientist's Uncoventional LIfe Among Baboons by Robert Sapolsky
- November 13th - Passage to Juneau by Jonathan Raban
meets monthly on the first Wednesday at 7 PM. The purpose of this club is to explore a
wide range of science fiction titles. This group also welcomes new members either
on a title by title basis or as permanent members. Upcoming titles are:
- September 4th - 2312 by Kim Robinson
- October 2nd - Steel Beach by John Varley
- November 6th - Ready Player One by Ernest CLine
- December 4th - Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison